48Days.NET

This is a relatively new field of medicine sparked by the Baby Boomer population. Since that large group of the population is turning 60 at a rapid rate, the medical community is looking for ways to increase the quality and length of life. We are doing this with nutrition, exercise, stress management, and hormone optimization.

Those in this field, including me, believe in optimum wellness and health based on the patient, not on “normal” levels. You can have “normal” lab test results and still feel miserable. We are also spending longer time with out patients instructing them on simple things they can do to maintain their health and vitality. In the traditional setting, people generally don’t go to their doctor until they are sick. In age management, or anti-aging medicine, we encourage regular doctor visits to prevent illness and disease.

Chronic disease like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, strokes, and hypertension are related to diet and lifestyle. By educating our patients about taking care of themselves with diet, exercise, and proper supplementation, they will life longer, healthier lives.

Our objective in age management is to improve to quality and duration of your life. Just because we can add an additional ten years of life, doesn’t mean we want those additional years to be of poor quality. No one wants the last few years of their life to be in a bed as an invalid with someone changing their diapers. We want to increase the quality of life so you can enjoy the time you have on Earth. The model is a long life with a rapid decline. This differs from the slow decent that we normally see with people getting progressively worse through the years. In other words, we want an active, healthy lifestyle, lasting as long as possible and then, quite rapidly, say goodbye. You enjoy your entire life and are not stuck spending the remaining years of your life a burden to others.

In pharmacy, the role I play is on the hormone side. This includes growth hormone, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, and DHEA. By adjusting these hormones and getting them to the level of a person in their late twenties, the quality of life increases tremendously. Traditional medicine “poo-poos” the subject but from what I have witnessed myself in the last couple years, this is real.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Wes,
I saw you this morning on Channel 2. Great job! Do you know anything about Juice Plus products? We have been taking it (inconsistently, mind you) for 2 years now. It is not for weight loss, but to supplement if you do not eat the recommended amounts of fruit and veggies. My hubby needs to lose about 60lbs and I need to lose 30lbs. I love veggies, but I have a hard time getting my husband to eat them. How do you encourage eating more veggies when you detest most of them? I know I also have to be more diligent to plan and prepare healthy meals to keep us from eating "whatever" "whenever". Not eating a decent amount of vegetables makes sticking to a diet very challenging. Whatever I buy I can't eat fast enough before it goes bad. My children will eat normal veggies, steamed and fresh, but I am plum out of ideas on how in the world to make all this work so we can effectively get healthier with our eating.
I can help you with this. One of the things on my "to-do" plate is a teleseminar about weight loss. I'll let everyone know when it will be. Just be sure to join my Total Package group so you'll know.

The eating plan I use is very "user friendly" and applicable to everyone's busy lifestyle. And the catch line..."You can eat whatever you want, just not whenever you want."

LouAnn Smith said:
Wes,
I saw you this morning on Channel 2. Great job! Do you know anything about Juice Plus products? We have been taking it (inconsistently, mind you) for 2 years now. It is not for weight loss, but to supplement if you do not eat the recommended amounts of fruit and veggies. My hubby needs to lose about 60lbs and I need to lose 30lbs. I love veggies, but I have a hard time getting my husband to eat them. How do you encourage eating more veggies when you detest most of them? I know I also have to be more diligent to plan and prepare healthy meals to keep us from eating "whatever" "whenever". Not eating a decent amount of vegetables makes sticking to a diet very challenging. Whatever I buy I can't eat fast enough before it goes bad. My children will eat normal veggies, steamed and fresh, but I am plum out of ideas on how in the world to make all this work so we can effectively get healthier with our eating.

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Registration for Innovate is open for a limited time - go ahead and secure your spot at one of our events this year!
Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service