48Days.NET

Question of the Week - What do you use to sell products through your website?

Is your site a complete e-commerce site like dragonflyhq.com? Or do you have downloadable products that you sell like Rob Coburn at TotalfusionMinistries.org? How are you selling stuff through your website and what tools are you using?

Views: 48

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rob,

Great question for someone like me who hasn't begun to build their site yet but is throwing the ideas around in her head.  My goal is to build a site for those who have to eat a gluten-free diet, as I do.  The purpose of my site is to educate consumers on their gluten-free choices while selling those products that I review.  I envision the use of You Tube videos on my site as I prepare foods and educate.   I guess it'll be a hybrid e-commerce site/educational type of thing.

Obviously, I'm not there yet.  All I've done is reserve the domain name!  www.everythingbutwheat.com!

I look forward to learning more through your group!

Thanks Jan and welcome to the group! I like the idea of your site and I'm anxious to see what you create. I really like the idea of coupling products with your subject matter. Let us know what questions you have, there are some really sharp people that are part of this group who can help.
I sell Confessions of a Butcher-eat steak on a hamburger budget and save$$$ physical books on our meat site and I'd like to add the ebooks.   The ebook is currently available for Kindle but I just don't have a good way to sell them on the site yet.  I could use help figuring out clickbank and ejunkie.
I'm a meat-lover so your site is very interesting to me (I can hear the steak searing on the grill even now - yum!). What does your work flow for your products look like? There is another solution too called FoxyCart - have you looked at that?

We use an E-Commerce provider called Fortune3 for our Webstore, www.GunGearUSA.com. We searched quite extensively and had it narrowed down to Fortune3 and Volusion. The two features that pushed us to Forune3 were 1) no additional bandwidth charges. We saw a consistent theme of complants from users that they had outrageous charges and there was no way to estimate them. Since we planned on using videos and lots of pictures, this was a little scary. Otherwise, Volusion has a really nice platform and many people love them. 2) Fortune3 is actually software...so, you can make changes to the site offline and then upload the changes. This feature allows you to work faster since you do not have to wait for the internet to 'catch up.'

We also use Ebay, but that is another topic!

Rory

Great point about the bandwidth issue with Volusion. They've got a lot of people using their platform and I think it was probably a win-win with either platform you used.

Curious - What was your motivation to go with a hosted platform instead of self-hosted?

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service