48Days.NET

Does anyone have a step by step guide to getting  a site and blog set up?

Views: 119

Replies to This Discussion

Any suggestions on my about page?      http://takingcareofmomandpop.wordpress.com/about/

Don't hold back............please

It's looking great, Jim!  The default image fits your blog topic well.

Now that you have it set up and have started to blog, go into the Widget area and play with them. Widgets are used to set up your right column. I'd recommend taking the Meta off unless you think you'll have a site registration. You can add a picture if you want, & you can set up links to resources, etc.

Also, start categorizing your posts so that the categories show up in the Category Widget. It makes a nice menu/search function for readers. You can rename the widget to "Menu" if you want, or just leave it as "Categories"

And finally, when you write your posts, be srue to create tags for them if you haven't already. Tags allow posts to be found in searches so you can get more traffic.

Great job, Jim! Since I'm going through the elder care process myself, I'll keep an eye on your site!

Jim,

Great job setting up your blog!  Sometimes that's the hardest part.

I would recommend adding images to your blog.  Add one of you on your about page.  Also, try to find or purchase some photos that show what your website is about.  Website visitors want to easily see what your blog is about, and photos do that in a few quick seconds.

Keep it up.

This just arrived in my e-mail inbox today: Set Up Your Blog With WordPress: The Ultimate Guide.

Looks like a guide you can use to setup wordpress.

The download password is: makeuseof

Good luck!

Looks like you're all setup, but I wanted to mention the Blogging 101 course by the guys in the Blogging Your Passion group on this site. It was well worth the $37 I paid for the 20+ videos. It save me a ton of time.

Todd

http://doesfatmakeyoufat.com/ 

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service