I am very excited about a new business that I am currently developing called Flour!shg. Joel is coaching me through this process. Since there are many wise women who are a part of the 48days.net community, I'd like to gain insight from you.
What am I seeking from you wise women?
1. Please read what I've shared and tell me what you think.
2. Think about what you would like to read about as a balanced woman seeking adventure in all areas of your life. What topics do you want to read about?
3. Who would you like to hear from-authors, adventurers, business women, financial wizards, mothers who doing it right, etc.?
4. Share any resources that you have to share about making a blog/podcast profitable.
Note: 48 Days Men you may respond, too. I know you also have valuable insight. However, I'd really like to hear from my intended audience. Thanks for your understanding.
To flourish means to grow rapidly and successfully in a vigourous way especially as a result of a favorable environment.
Purpose of Flour!shg
To inspire women aged 40+ around the world to live Fun, Creative, Invigorating, Adventurous, and Balanced lives. We will teach Flour!shg women their unique purpose, their value to God, and how to value themselves.
We will explore topics that teach WHAT this adventurous lifestyle looks like and HOW she can CREATE a Flour!shg life.
1. To prioritize relationship with God, self, family, and others in that order to create balance and to bring Glory to God.
2. To encourage living and working creatively to promote balanced lives.
3. To recognize individual gifts/talents, then find a way to use them to prosper.
4. To unveil the miracle in exercise to experience fun, strong, and
5. To promote travel as a way to connect with others cross-culturally and enjoy life.
6. To make all the parts of her balanced life a fun, successful adventure.
7. To provide high quality content to educate her on how to flourish in each area of her balanced life and give her high quality resources upon which to take action to obtain her goals.
Flour!shg will establish the leading interactive online lifestyle blog for working women around the world. We will be a catalyst for change in the lives of working women, helping them to see their God-given potential and inspire them to live fun, creative, prosperous, balanced, and adventurous lives.
Women aged 40+
(Goals have been established on a quarterly basis)
1. To develop a blog community of Flour!shg women totaling 25,000 free subscribers by December 2012. (produce newsletter content as incentive to sign up.)
2. To create and offer digital products that teach working women to Flour!shg . These products will create $16666 per month ($200,000 per year) in income by December 2012.
ebooks-Publish two ebooks in a series per quarter.
Podcasts with mobile application
Webinairs-hosting and teaching Flourish principles.
Advertisement on site -via AdSense, Federated Media, and other lucrative affiliations that benefit Flourish and its audience.
3. To sell 7 ebooks and 1 audio book via Flour!shg , Amazon, and other related sites.
Total income from ebooks totaling $100,000 by December 2012.
4. To conduct 2 Webenairs- May 2012 and October 2012
principles, including 4 well-known writers and speakers who will teach Flour!shg Subcribers how to have fun, creative, balanced adventurous, and prosperous lives. Make this a product that can be viewed live and purchased after live event.Timely-Spring is Sprung!/
Fall-The Most Beautiful Time of Year! Part of Audio product.
5. To be paid to travel to and speak at 3 conferences. Will participate in tow regional conferences using my strengths (ie. Facilitator, Expert in Niche), and 1 conference as a main speaker by November 2012. I will also have the option and the resources to take my children with me to the conferences and turn the experience into times of family vacation. At least one conference will be international.
6. To establish 10 or more affiliate relationships that generate 1/4th of my income totaling $50,000 by December 2012.
7. To publish 4 ebooks to hard copy, print on demand sales. 2 books will be on the New York Times Best Sellers Top Ten list by December 2012.
8. To write 1 white paper to be used to influence companies on what balanced women want in their products. Title “What Flourishing women want!” The goal will be to have 4 high-quality products developed based on the findings form the white paper from top brand-name companies to enhance the lives of subscribers to Flour!shg
9. To develop a successful podcast and audio series with 1 mobile application by December 2012.
Thanks in advance for your valuable input!
Wow, this is solid! I love how you started out laying the ground-rules with wanting input on things pertaining to: "as a balanced woman seeking adventure in all areas of your life" keyword: balanced! Wow, what a huge need you have tapped into, if your product meets this need, the sky is the limit, is it not! I can see right here, you are a brillant woman. It will be no surprise when you invade the success you have chartered in this vision statement.
I will have to think a bit to comment on the requested input, but, I do want to toss out a couple ideas purely on the business side. First regarding logo, I found this site here ==> designcrowd.com that could easily work to your advantage. Brand and logo is extremely important as you already know.
The other part is having a product to offer from day one of the website launch is very important, in my opinion. This goes along with Dan Miller wanted 40 hrs / five clients under our belts as part of what is required for him to endorse us . He wants us to "know that we know" we can sell what we offer the world, what we are sure is of value and are just dieing to enhance the quality of others lives with...
Your vision statement brings to mind Albert Einstein's quote, roughly paraphrased : there is nothing more awesome than an idea whose time has come"
I am excited to hear the follow-ups as you launch out into this bright new world!
I love how everything is very detailed and written! Awesome!
Question 1 - There is no doubt in my mind when I read the above what your goals are and how you are going to achieve them. You know the impact in the world you want to make and how you are going to make it. I love that!
Question 2 - Well, this is a very open ended question....as a 40+ women with no children, my answer may be different than a women with children (Paris vs. Disney). I will answer what I, personally, would like to read about.....travel, finances, health.
Question 3 - Anyone that can supply great info on the above 3 topics.
Question 4 - There are great resources here on 48days. Joel, of course, has a ton of experience and is a great resource too!
Hope this helps!!
I don't think I have replied to your response before. I apologize for the delay.
Thanks for your input and your questions. I am considering how to handle addressing singles, married, and moms of that age. I think I can vary my topics to reach the general audience of women aged 40+ with different interests. For instance, when doing a travel review, one trip I have planned will be with all women ( some empty nesters, some with children). My goal in the review will be to discuss the time we all had away from our various responsiblities, in particular, highlighting making that time for ourselves and the positive results from it.
I am finding women of any age are really interested in travel, finances, and health, etc. However, given themselves permission to address those areas without fear at various stages is the issue. So, I think the way I address it will be key.
Well, I am open to your input and thank you again for your comments.
Somehow you worked my name into your response... LOL. Thank you. I am humbled.
PaMela and I just finished recording her first Flourish podcast. And she was awesome. You can hear the passion behind every word she speaks. We are so excited for her possibilities.
Oh, so excited that you recorded your first podcast! How awesome!
I agree PaMela..."permission to address those areas without fear" is a big issue!
I'm excited to see what unfolds!!