48Days.NET

Tell me your business idea...you could win an autographed copy of Tribes by Seth Godin

I need 111 business ideas that are: unique, unknown or risky.

This is an assignment for Seth Godin's alternative MBA program and I need your help.

Any ideas you share here become public and anyone is free to use them.

I'll pick my favorite and send the author an autographed copy of Tribes by Seth Godin.

You can post your ideas below or if your a twitter user (and you should be) then post them here: http://www.snurl.com/111ideas

UPDATE:
Thanks so much for all your replies. Many of them were featured in a recent blog post that Seth Godin linked to from this post. Our blog post of 999 business ideas has received over 20,000 hits.

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. I'll keep this post open so that people can keep adding their ideas.

Tony V. of Colorado was the winner of the free autographed book. He emailed me 20 ideas that all made the final list.

Tags: 111, business, godin, ideas, seth

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

UPDATE: Thanks so much for all your replies. Many of them were featured in a recent blog post that Seth Godin linked to from this post. Our blog post of 999 business ideas has received over 20,000 hits.

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. I'll keep this post open so that people can keep adding their ideas.

Tony V. of Colorado was the winner of the free autographed book. He emailed me 20 ideas that all made the final list.
My business idea is to open female-friendly auto repair shops, complete with coffee, pastries, and manicures offered in the waiting room (change the "waiting room" into a "service room"). The main requirement would be for all the folks who work there to treat everyone with respect and to not try to snow people, particularly women. The walls would have large posters with illustrations of the engine, descriptions of what each main part does, and other posters explaining the purpose of service offerings.
Dave: Related to your idea, there are two local establishments in my area that have done something similar. The major difference is they are not high end. They are actually on the low end of the per person tab scale. One has one to three entrees on lunch menu, plus all sides are always the same. It's all comfort food. For example, Tuesday is Chicken and Noodles over mashed potatos with green beans and store bought dinner rolls. That's the only choice on Tuesday. Place is packed every day.

The second place thas three items every day. Chicken, ham and roast beef with veggie sides. That's it. Again, the place has people lined up to get in.

Dave Munson said:
Most people order only one or two different things each time they go to the same restaurant. They only do that because they haven't tried the other ones and know that they like the plate they got last time How about a restaurant that only has 7 dishes. But, each one of those dishes is the best stinking (not literally) dish you have ever tasted in that category. Nothing in the restaurant is just okay. After the waiter takes their order, and before the food is served, he could bring them a sample of the food that they didn't order. Then, after the bill is delivered, the waiter can say, "So, you tried # 4, but it's nothing compared to #6. See your tomorrow".

Best regards,

Dave Munson
Presidente
Saddleback Leather Co.
www.saddlebackleather.com
Revolutionary social networking service for traveling professionals.

What is Hotel Mingle?

Hotel Mingle is a professional on-line social community of business travelers who want to meet and connect with locals or other business travelers while staying at the same hotel or city during their business trip.

At some point in their lives when traveling, most businessmen and women face the same problem: loneliness or boredom. No one likes to spend their days traveling away from home cooped-up in a hotel room ordering the same old room service and watching mind-numbing TV with their only escape being meetings and boring luncheons.

Unfortunately, that happens to a lot of people simply because they do not know anyone in a strange - yet exciting - new city. Luckily, there are many travelers just like you who would be open to making new connections while away on business.

Hotel Mingle can make it happen.

Never again will you have to spend time alone while away on business. With Hotel Mingle you could be connecting with a new partner or friend right now enjoying each others company in an exciting new city.

If you are looking to catch a movie, dine at a local restaurant, go shopping, take in the local tourist attractions, use company tickets at a sporting event, or simply looking to network with like-minded professionals, you are on the way to meeting your perfect travel companion.
How is your Rose City Recycling going? I'm interested in a similar program in a different state. Can you give me any incite on the economics of recycling the different types of materials? What has been most successful for you? What has been least successful? Do you find that you have to change people mindset about recycling? How are you finding customers and encouraging more recycling?

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew@bodley.org

BJ Hayes said:
My hometown doesn't offer curbside recycling service. After a few discussions with the city's Solid Waste Director, I started my own recycling service business. For a monthly fee, I provide a container and service it once a week. All the contents are taken to the city's collection site.

The city doesn't think people will pay for recycling service. They are wrong. Check out my website and let me know what you think www.HayesEnviro.com/recycle

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Registration for Innovate is open for a limited time - go ahead and secure your spot at one of our events this year!
Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service