48Days.NET

Is anyone currently offering proofreading and/or editing services to local print shops?

I recently contacted some printers with this idea, but didn't get the kind of response I'd hoped for. Please share any advice if you are having success in this market!

Thanks!!

Tags: editing, print, printers, proofreading, shops

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only print shops we have in our town are the kind that do work on contract for local businesses that send in their documents for printing.  If those are the types of print shops you're referencing, usually the business is the one that proofs their document before and after the initial print sample is done by the shop.  The printer themselves aren't usually as worried about proofing since they have the business sign off on the copy and then it's on them if they find mistakes later.

However, I could see this being effective for businesses with a small staff.  Some offices like ours have gone in together to hire a marketing person and they actually speak quite highly of having a person they can send their marketing pieces to for proofing.  I could see you setting up a system where you will be an outsourced proofer on retainer for a monthly fee. 

That's a great idea Bonnie! It might take a while to cultivate some clients for that type of service, but if I was getting even a modest monthly fee from several small businesses, that could really add up. 

It seems that the print shops in our area mostly do business forms and documents also, but I know that churches and civic organizations use printers for things like newsletters, cookbooks for fundraisers and workbooks for classes or seminars. My thought was that the printers could recommend me or let me advertise my services.

Thanks for the input!

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Registration for Innovate is open for a limited time - go ahead and secure your spot at one of our events this year!
Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service