48Days.NET

When you sign up here at 48Days.NET, please give us an introduction to...you! A quick bio, what you are here to pursue and achieve...

This will let us connect with you quickly!

Thanks so much.

Kevin

Tags: intro

Views: 428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi the is Mark Mason. My day job dried up and now working all hours on projects that had been on the back burner (my passion). I live in Florida, and spend too many hours on my pc. I really enjoy meeting people from all over. My life is currently being restructured and I am not talking about the Bank of America reps that keep calling my house. I got a dog, I put up a basketball hoop, got a hammock, and a trampoline. I am happy to be at home. I have over 200 domains all tied to ideas that I have. Besides having the World's First Lost and Found Service (hype) and am Also working on writting software for companies to push data to Social Networking sites.

a couple of domains I am promoting

http://SillySticker.com One brand promoting http://RecoveryID.com Lost and Found Web Service.

http://PushWork.com I see a big opp for companies to be on Twitter, and use it in a good karma approach.

Cheers,
Mark Mason
http://MarkMason.com

P.S. I know a little about wordpress and using twitter, glad to help.

My Publicity Stunt
Hello all,

I'm Pablo from Milwaukee. I've been listening to Dan's Podcasts for a while now and have started reading his books.
I was given the opportunity to try my hand a Career Counseling and think it might be worth pursuing more deeply.
I saw Dan has a one-day workshop at the Sanctuary in a couple of weeks, and am considering attending, but I'm debating whether it's worth the expense to fly out to TN (about $1000 for me with the seminar + flight + hotel, etc) or should I just buy the Instructor package first and take a shot at teaching Dan's methods from there.

Any thoughts? I know, I know, it would be much better to learn from the source and I'd love to meet Dan's team, but I also want to take the most efficient, cost effective path toward getting my feet wet in this new endeavor.

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!

Pablo
In my past few/several weeks of being on here with 48days I've never officially introduced myself! Can you believe it???
Well let me just start then, my name is Rob Clinton.

I joined and I am currently a 212 connection member, and through there is where I also went to 48days.net.
I was introduced to Dan Miller books by Dave Ramsey recommending him on the air. I’ve struggled with career issues for a while now, of always having the fear and knowing that I was climbing the wrong ladder. I’ve been stuck in dead end jobs, I’ve started and crashed a business and took a big loss. I’ve been laid off, you name it…Dan Miller’s concepts and inward thinking really inspired me and caught on with my visions, and I felt compelled to be apart of an organization that encourages, and embraces entrepreneurship and finding work that matters and work that you can love and give happily to God, and at the same time I am gaining a tremendous wealth of knowledge!
I also have very “Big” dreams. The kind of dreams that will make you say, “What is that guy talking about” or “Is he Crazy”… Yeah that’s me, the thinker of many impossibilities, but sometimes it’s nice to have that 30,000 foot view =)

So now here I am. I have strong intentions for making lasting and positive changes to the world in my time here on earth. I now intend to become a career coach, with all the career struggles that I’ve faced over the past decade; I feel an urge to reach out to those who need to make that change, and help them get there. Especially in times where a lot of people are feeling uncertainty. I’m going to be there for them.

My beautiful wife Cheryl supports everything I do, as I support her hearts intentions of raising our wonderful family with me. We are blessed with 3 children. Tyler is 13, Nicholas is 5, and Alena will be 1 year this weekend. Oh and 2 cats in the yard..seriously..just like the song…. Can you hear it??? =)

I’m also kicking myself for missing the round table weekend! I making a commitment now.. I will be there for the next one! You can count on it!
Hi my name is Jay, and I'm an Entrepreneur. Or at least I hope to be. Right now I am working as a Communications Technician for an Internet Data Center. What that means is we provide a secure controlled environment for companies to run their Web Servers from. We provide Power, connectivity, in a secured and climate controlled environment.

I got my first taste of entrepreneurism and selling when I was about 18 years old. While looking for a job, I stumbled into a company that sold fire safety equipment (smoke alarms and fire extinguishers etc.) My sales manager played a tape for me and that was my introduction to Mr. Zig Ziglar. After that company closed, I tried my hand at selling Vacuum cleaners, Cookware, and a couple other products (direct sales). I also tried a couple of short stints at new car dealerships, and then went to retail selling menswear for a few years. About this time, I decided to try working with my new hobby, computers.

This kinda took off on a tangent and turned into what I am doing today. It was a fun ride, but I don’t enjoy it anymore especially after last week when I found out that “They” decided that I should work a new schedule they decided which all at once took away 4 hours a week guaranteed over time, added an extra day for me to have to travel into NYC, changed that shift to “floating” and instead of getting out in the afternoons, I would just be going to work. This floating day also pretty much squashed my side job too.

So this was the final straw for me. I decided that I didn’t want anyone that doesn’t even know I work for them, much less know my name to have that much power to put my life in that much upheaval. So here I am looking to re-examine my life and what I want to be when I grow up. So my immediate dream is when my soon to be wife and I return from our honeymoon, I do not want to go back to work where I am now.

Sorry for the long post. But that about sums up my story. Any comments or questions are welcome. Thanks for reading.
Christopher said:
I currently sell used, classic video games on eBay. I have been doing this part-time for the past 1 1/2 years. I enjoy the thrill of buying something at a deal and re-selling it on eBay for a profit. That's a lot of fun.

However, I am not that thrilled about having to clean and test the items. I'd rather be managing and leading this kind of business and finding more items to sell, than to actually be doing the manual work.

My true passion would be to help people in some capacity. I love to read and study about health & nutrition, finances, Christianity, eBay and history. But I'm not sure where to start or what area to focus on if I did become a coach. It wasn't that scary for me to leave my job and do this eBay because I knew it could work. But it scares me to try to leave my eBay business and start a coaching service.

I have been married for almost 2 years and have a very loving and supportive wife. We are expecting our first child in February. This is both exciting and scary at the same time. My eBay business helps pay the bills, but once my wife is home with the baby, we are going to have to tap into our savings.

I have learned a lot about how to sell on eBay and know going forward that I would do things differently, but often find myself wondering if I shouldn't be doing something else. That thinking often steals my time away so I get less accomplished. I am here hoping to get some ideas and direction about if I should and how to get started in the coaching business.
Hey Chris, take a look at my webpage and let me know if you would be interested in a career like mine.

Bob Meyers said:
Christopher said:
I currently sell used, classic video games on eBay. I have been doing this part-time for the past 1 1/2 years. I enjoy the thrill of buying something at a deal and re-selling it on eBay for a profit. That's a lot of fun.

However, I am not that thrilled about having to clean and test the items. I'd rather be managing and leading this kind of business and finding more items to sell, than to actually be doing the manual work. My true passion would be to help people in some capacity. I love to read and study about health & nutrition, finances, Christianity, eBay and history. But I'm not sure where to start or what area to focus on if I did become a coach. It wasn't that scary for me to leave my job and do this eBay because I knew it could work. But it scares me to try to leave my eBay business and start a coaching service.

I have been married for almost 2 years and have a very loving and supportive wife. We are expecting our first child in February. This is both exciting and scary at the same time. My eBay business helps pay the bills, but once my wife is home with the baby, we are going to have to tap into our savings.

I have learned a lot about how to sell on eBay and know going forward that I would do things differently, but often find myself wondering if I shouldn't be doing something else. That thinking often steals my time away so I get less accomplished. I am here hoping to get some ideas and direction about if I should and how to get started in the coaching business.
Hi ,
My name is Alex, I am physical ed. teacher with a lot of experience in athletic ( track & field, soccer, team sports, and etc.
I am father of two children 5 years old and 22m.
Also, am running my fitness program for young children age 2y-6y.
Help children to develop motor skills, balance, coordination, socialization through fun games and activities.
I have a trouble to go to the next level, need to learn how to advertise more effectively and cheep:)
If anybody have a practical advise would be nice.
www.SoccerRockets.com
alex@soccerrockets.com
God bless you Rachel. I feel your pain. I am going thru tough times with a disability too

Sleepy AVON Lady Rachel Russell said:

Shop AVON!
Hi, I'm Rachel and though diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005, have suffered it's symptoms for 7+ years now. I have suffered with severe Narcolepsy (all the major symptoms) for 5yrs now. Fibro leaves me in severe pain most every day, my calves just won't stop. The fatigue, dizziness, and brain fog really bother me. I have nearly every symptom of FMS. Combined with the Narcolepsy, my life has been swept from beneath me. I can't work or drive anymore, and it's hard to to fight thoughts of suicide, because all I want is to escape my prision; my body.

I am a housewife with the life debilitating sleeping disorder Narcolepsy. I have the full tetrad of symptoms: Excessive Daytime Sleepiness, Cataplexy, Sleep Paralysis, and Hypnogic Hallucianations. I can not drive and have been unable to work, thus far. I often get severely depressed and lonely due to the chonic confinement in our apartment. I dislike pettiness, discrimination, fake/arrogant superficial people and people who ignore those in need.

Mark Hopkins said:
I am currently employed as a IT/Desktop support tech at an oil pipeline company.

I would like to be in control of my income and do profitable work involving organizing and creating... I can spend hours lost in organizing material I find on the internet.

My current hobby is all things guitar... I enjoy playing, tweeking, planning, designing, building... I spent months building an electric guitar from scratch. Here is a link to some pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/markhop77/MyGuitarProject?authkey=neKCL...

I would like to have a more non-traditional schedule revolving around my family... Be a really good guitar player ... to help in worship and to record for various purposes. Have money to go on dates with my wife, work on my hobbies...

I am wired to research, plan, and organize. I have always been really good and getting things done on a low budget... fixing things around the house, building / repairing guitars at a fraction of market prices, following instructions, taking things apart, putting back together, performing, I am a jack of all trades and master of none...

Hey Mark, I am very passionate about the guitar as well. I like the guitar you built-it looks like it is really nice. I think we both have many opportunities-you just showed an example which would be guitar builder. I have a friend who does it in Spring Hill TN. He enjoys it a lot and pays about 500-600 for parts then resells the guitars for 1200-1600. He does custom work for the customers and builds the guitars to suit each customer's taste. As far as playing guitar for a living, I think that is where networking, networking and more networking is how to get one of those gigs. Those are just two Ideas-anyone else have any input? Thanks!!
Hi everyone, I'm Alan. I live just outside of Tallahassee, Fla. My wife Marianne and I have been married for almost 9 years now and we are doing the Dave Ramsey "makeover" program. That's how I discovered Dan Miller and 48 Days.

We live on a part of my parents' farm, where they raise Paso Fino horses. I love living on some acreage instead of what I call "postage stamp lots." My mobile home is falling apart, literally, but I paid it off within 12 years so we have some debt, but no mortgage now.

My background is in radio/broadcasting. I worked on-air in this area from 1979 until 2004, when I realized that my job (radio station operations manager) was going to be eliminated. I also realized that there was no place to go. So I've been at home pretty much since then. I now am homeschooling two (step) grandsons, ages 5 and 6, and love being able to be there for the boys, whose father is not a part of their lives.

I am legally blind and do not drive, so I've found my options to be limited.

Because of my passion for radio, I own and operate an Internet radio station. So far, though, I have not really been able to make a living with it.

This past month I was reading the "48 Days.." book and realized I don't ever want to go back to the "search for a job...boss..hang on for your life..lose job..look for a job" routine again.

I've had some success with offline marketing, especially direct mail, in the past, so after doing a lot of soul-searching I decided to launch a direct mail business and will be starting it the first week in November. The actual mailing work will be outsourced this time around and I'm going to be working with only two companies for a while to keep things small and manageable.

My wife works for the school system and just joined Mary Kay. It wasn't planned out but we announced our business ventures within about 2 days of each other! She's going to continue working full time until she no longer has to.

I'm glad to find this forum. I've been feeling professionally lost for about five years now but am getting some ideas in place now.

Thanks for putting this website and forum together for us "lost" people!
Alan McCall said:
Hi everyone, I'm Alan. I live just outside of Tallahassee, Fla. My wife Marianne and I have been married for almost 9 years now and we are doing the Dave Ramsey "makeover" program. That's how I discovered Dan Miller and 48 Days.

We live on a part of my parents' farm, where they raise Paso Fino horses. I love living on some acreage instead of what I call "postage stamp lots." My mobile home is falling apart, literally, but I paid it off within 12 years so we have some debt, but no mortgage now.

My background is in radio/broadcasting. I worked on-air in this area from 1979 until 2004, when I realized that my job (radio station operations manager) was going to be eliminated. I also realized that there was no place to go. So I've been at home pretty much since then. I now am homeschooling two (step) grandsons, ages 5 and 6, and love being able to be there for the boys, whose father is not a part of their lives.

I am legally blind and do not drive, so I've found my options to be limited.

Because of my passion for radio, I own and operate an Internet radio station. So far, though, I have not really been able to make a living with it.

This past month I was reading the "48 Days.." book and realized I don't ever want to go back to the "search for a job...boss..hang on for your life..lose job..look for a job" routine again.

I've had some success with offline marketing, especially direct mail, in the past, so after doing a lot of soul-searching I decided to launch a direct mail business and will be starting it the first week in November. The actual mailing work will be outsourced this time around and I'm going to be working with only two companies for a while to keep things small and manageable.

My wife works for the school system and just joined Mary Kay. It wasn't planned out but we announced our business ventures within about 2 days of each other! She's going to continue working full time until she no longer has to.

I'm glad to find this forum. I've been feeling professionally lost for about five years now but am getting some ideas in place now.

Thanks for putting this website and forum together for us "lost" people!

http://www.wjjd1160country.com
Hi, my name is Lindsay. I am a professional bookkeeper. I help businesses by keeping track of what a business buys, sells, owns & owes. I also help manage all the money that comes into a business, all the money that goes out & the money that's left over afterwards. I've been keeping businesses' finances in order for 11 years. My clients are business owners who are busy enough that they lack the time to concentrate on their finances & invoicing but are also small enough to only need a bookkeeper on a part-time basis.

What are the benefits of working with a bookkeeper?

- Your records stay updated throughout the year.This gives you an accurate view of your company's financial well-being at any given time.
- With up to date records, end of the year tax preparations become a few simple clicks of the mouse. This will give you back a huge amount of time.
- You are able to hand over the weekly & monthly task of figuring out your accounting software which gives you, the business owner, more time to focus on what you do best, run and manage your company.
- A bookkeeper also lends a trained eye looking over your financial information giving you an extra level of checks and balances and therefore another level of
security.

I offer free consultations to anyone interested in learning more about my services & how those services can benefit your business or the business of someone you know.

I am also trying to expand my network of contacts so please feel free to introduce yourself & share your business with me as well :) I look forward to this new opportunity & the people that I will meet along the way.

Lindsay Morrow
Accountable Books
info@accountablebooks.net
www.AccountableBooks.net

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Registration for Innovate is open for a limited time - go ahead and secure your spot at one of our events this year!
Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service