48Days.NET

Hello.

Looking for some advice on a career change. Currently I am in a dead-end job. Let me explain, it's not the job that I dislike but the company and its practices. The job that I have, I am very good at. I get to meet different people and go into different households each day installing satellite TV. I have been doing this now for 3 years but the company I am employed at truly has no morals when it comes to employees. without going into details i truly feel God is telling me it's time to leave. I've done all that I could there and it's time to move on, this is where the advice is needed. I have a few things that I truly enjoy doing, First I love preaching, I'm a lay preacher but I feet the Lord is calling me to do more preaching for Him. Second I feel it's time to get back into the sales field. I had very good success in the past and have been out of the sales force for about 4 years. My question is do I leave my job which is in a very fragile state right now, not knowing if I'll have a job the next day. With working 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week it makes it very hard to find other opportunities.

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The funny thing about everyones replies is that they all have advice for more than just one person in one situation. Good luck Joseph. God bless and prosper

Hi Joseph,

Everyone's advice is solid and spot-on.  I think if sales is something you really quite like then go for it!  There are so many opportunities out there.  When you are looking for a company make sure you network and do your homework.  Is this a Godly company who really values their employees?  Or are they a company who treats you like a statistic and is only looking at the bottom line.  If you find one that is in line with your personal values you will be on fire and really love what you do.

Please keep us updated!  Go get 'em!!!

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Registration for Innovate is open for a limited time - go ahead and secure your spot at one of our events this year!
Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service